19.9.07

mmmmm Stain-y goodness

Yay! The icky nasty cornstarch solution actually worked! .... Might have some gotten some inspiration from that ..... hmm.

Anyway, I had draped the lace over some formed mounds of newspaper and got an interesting, wavy outcome. Very happy with how that turned out. Then I decided that I just didn't enjoy the colour as it had been originally so I applied a Walnut woodstain to it.

Semi-finished product:

roughly 3 ft wide x 2 ft high



detail


Now I just need to figure what to do next. I want some kind of woven image, probably of a tree. The weaving will be done with bits of ripped paper. I want them to be a colour or range of colour as well. .... I'll play around with the image on Photoshop and see what I come up with.


paper-ripping, circular! oooooooooo. :)


This thing's due by 4pm on the 25th so I'm hoping to have the majority of it fleshed out by the end of this Sunday. .... we'll see.


No comments: